Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 635 runtime error at stm_get_sta_rssi_and_snr

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  AP 635 runtime error at stm_get_sta_rssi_and_snr

Posted May 08, 2023 09:48 AM

Hello!

Can you please help me with one problem?
    I have a single AP 635 in my home lab setup, and everything is working perfectly but approximately once per week one of networks disconnects all clients and then reboot needed to get them back. I was checking logs and only suspicious entries I found approximately around the time when this happened:

12:20:11 +02:00 <stm> [err]: |ap| Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at stm_get_sta_rssi_and_snr, 2222, Failed to get snr: 0 and nf: 0 for client 84:25:19:0e:4b:75 from driver
    12:20:11 +02:00 <cli> [warning]: <541004> <WARN> recv_sta_offline: receive station msg, mac-84:25:19:0e:4b:75 bssid-01:23:45:54:32:10 essid-ABC timestamp-1683282011-764243.
    12:20:11 +02:00 <cli> [err]: <341005> <ERRS> recv_sta_offline 2450 SNR(0) or RSSI(0) is invalid from driver, and try to get SNR for client 84:25:19:0e:4b:75 from AM

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: AP 635 runtime error at stm_get_sta_rssi_and_snr

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 09, 2023 10:08 AM

What version of InstantOS is this?

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: AP 635 runtime error at stm_get_sta_rssi_and_snr

Posted May 09, 2023 10:25 AM

Currently I use: 8.11.1.0_86591 SSR (Digitally Signed - Production Build)

And it was happening with previous versions as well.

Thank you!

• 4.  RE: AP 635 runtime error at stm_get_sta_rssi_and_snr

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 10, 2023 06:16 AM

Runtime error suggests this is an unexpected software issue, and engineering should have a look at it to get to the root cause.
    Please open a support case with Aruba or your Aruba partner.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: AP 635 runtime error at stm_get_sta_rssi_and_snr

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 10, 2023 08:38 AM

Quite frankly messages of those types show up when there is new hardware and previous libraries do not account for it.  Frequently those messages should be reclassified in the "debug" category where engineering can see it, but regular users cannot unless they enable debug.  Those messages look like the inability to access data, rather than a performance or connectivity issue.

When your network disconnects all users, have you tried to get into the access point from the wired network to see if it thinks that all the users are disconnected or does it say that they are still connected?
    If you can get into the AP "show tech-support supplemental" is probably the best command to get a picture of what is happening at that time.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 6.  RE: AP 635 runtime error at stm_get_sta_rssi_and_snr

Posted May 11, 2023 01:45 PM

Thank you! I will try to reproduce this issue and collect more information for the support case.

• 7.  RE: AP 635 runtime error at stm_get_sta_rssi_and_snr

Posted May 11, 2023 01:46 PM

Thank you for suggestions!

Probably for the support case it will be also good to have `show tech-support supplemental` output. Will need to wait for it to repro again.

> to see if it thinks that all the users are disconnected or does it say that they are still connected?
    TBH, I'm not sure. Because I have 2 networks, one is hidden and one is just usual. When this happened before with hidden network, I think(if I remember correctly) on Web UI I didn't see any clients from this network.
    But last time(log lines I shared from the last time when it happened) I'm pretty sure clients were shown on Web UI. I will try to check everything when it will happen again.
    Unfortunately(at least from debugging perspective) it's not happening very often.