Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP DIRTY OR NOT CONFIG

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  AP DIRTY OR NOT CONFIG

Posted Nov 24, 2022 09:28 AM
    Hello,

I have a problem with some AP 205 and 305 whitch are on remote area.
    We have a WAN like MPLS under the remote area and the area where the controller is.

The controller is a 7210 with release 8.6.0.19

The AP is with flag D (Dirty or not Config). I'm played with MTU and Bootstrap Thresholl, but no change.

The AP is registered on the controller but it's not possible to do anything (reboot, provision).
    For reboot, I can only done a telnet on the AP. 
    I'm tried to do a factory reset, the AP come an IAP. I convert the IAP to AP. But she finish with the flag D too 

Have you got any idea for my problem.

Thank
    Charlie

• 2.  RE: AP DIRTY OR NOT CONFIG

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2022 03:41 AM
    In general, the AP Dirty flag means that there is something in between the AP and controller that drops/fragments traffic. Could be GRE, NAT-T (udp/4500) or PAPI (udp/8211).

With the MPLS, it's logical to assume that it is the mtu, but there may be a firewall in between as well that tries to de-capsulate the NAT-T traffic. If you can run a packet capture close to the AP, and one close to the controller, you probably can see what traffic is 'eaten' by something in the network. And if you know what traffic is dropped, you can probably find out which component is doing that.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------