Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP down in VC after an upgrade.

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  AP down in VC after an upgrade.

Posted Dec 19, 2022 10:44 AM

Hello everybody,

I was doing an upgrade to all the AP 305 from the V 6.5.4.19 to 8.6.0.15 (I made a version jump 6.5.4.19 to 8.6.0.9 and last to 8.6.0.15), all the AP went down in the VC (except the VC & the master borne there are in 8.6.0.15) but when I tried to ping them, it's all good there up, I can log to the AP's via SSH & it shows me that there are in 8.6.0.9.

I thought I lost them but when I did a show allowed-aps, they are all there.
    Also, there are clients connected to these borne, I saw that via the VC (but it doesn't show the AP which they are connected to)
    I am currently getting an AP alert - AP register fail because of image mismatch.

Whene I tried to upgrade again grom the VC to the latest version 8.6.0.15 it display's me this message : The other image/drt Upgrade or image sync is in process

Can someone please tell me what to do, what is the problème ? 

Thanks in Advance.

• 2.  RE: AP down in VC after an upgrade.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2022 02:32 PM
    Type a "show version" on every AP you can SSH into and note the version strings.  If any access points differ, web into those access points and upgrade them to the correct version.  Any access points with problems, you should reboot and see if they join the existing VC.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: AP down in VC after an upgrade.

Posted Dec 20, 2022 01:57 AM
    Hi.

Error is quite clear. Not all APs were upgraded and some retain their old FW version. You have several options. Usually reboot of the AP will help and AP will join the cluster, download the new image, reboot and become an active member. Sometimes it will do this by itself after several hours.
    Second option is to isolate the AP in separate vlan, do a manual upgrade and then join to the cluster.
    Third option is to upgrade AP from boot prompt via BLE or serial console.

Best, Gorazd

Gorazd Kikelj

• 4.  RE: AP down in VC after an upgrade.

Posted Dec 20, 2022 04:33 AM
    Hello,
    When I do sh version on the AP, they are all in 8.6.0.9 & the VC is in the lastest 8.6.0.15, I did a reboot but it doesn't work.
    I've tried to upgrade every AP but I can't (We could only upgrade image via master).
    I'm thinking of downgrading the VC to 8.6.0.9, is it a good solution ? 

Thank you in advance.

• 5.  RE: AP down in VC after an upgrade.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 21, 2022 04:35 PM
    i suggest power off the VC, that will force the remaining APs to elect a new VC and then upgrade that one to 8.6.0.15 and see if all th eAPs will eventually run that firmware. then add the old VC

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.