Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP names cut short in conductor web gui

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  AP names cut short in conductor web gui

MVP
    Posted Aug 12, 2022 09:33 AM

We just upgraded from 8.9.0.3 to 8.10.0.2. I noticed many of the 'down' APs (which for me are mostly spares, or APs I had prepped for upgrade but havnt deployed yet) have their names cut short in the conductor gui. (limit seems to be 15 characters) They appear ok in the AP database via CLI. The down APs had displayed their full names in the gui properly prior to upgrade, I am 100% sure of this. I'll show some examples below.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced or seen this. I think its mostly a cosmetic bug, but I couldn't find any known-issues in any release notes.

• 2.  RE: AP names cut short in conductor web gui

MVP
    Posted Aug 24, 2022 12:30 PM
    I have the same thing in 8.7.0.9, but the column is adjustable. If you remove some columns from the list, does it make the AP name column any larger? Mine does include the "..." at the end to indicate more data though, where yours is kind of just cut off.

------------------------------
    Michael Haring

• 3.  RE: AP names cut short in conductor web gui

MVP
    Posted Aug 24, 2022 02:43 PM
    I had the column wide enough... it's definitely a bug.

• 4.  RE: AP names cut short in conductor web gui

MVP
    Posted Aug 24, 2022 03:01 PM
    Oh yeah that's definitely seems like a bug. I believe 8.10.0.3 may be available soon, maybe that will fix it.

Michael Haring