Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Register fail because of Image mismatch

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  AP Register fail because of Image mismatch

Posted Jun 16, 2022 10:58 AM
    Hello,

I have a problem at the moment after I tried to update our Aruba AP mesh with the latest Firmware. The mesh is a combination of 305' and 315's.

I tried to update the entire mesh with the same Firmware - ArubaInstant_Ursa_8.9.0.3_8344, and now the AP's are no longer functioning.

I am getting the message " AP register fail because of image mismatch"

My question is:

1. Have I downloaded the correct image for these devices?    - I was, and am still not sure, if it is the correct one - it was not clear to me from the Aruba Support Website which File to select. There were several.

2. Can the same Image -  ArubaInstant_Ursa_8.9.0.3_8344, be used for both the 305's and the 315's, or do they require different Firmware Versions?

3. Could there be an entirely different reason, why the mismatch message is coming up?  Again, I am not clear about this at all.

Any help or advice would be most welcome. Thank you very much.

• 2.  RE: AP Register fail because of Image mismatch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2022 03:56 PM
    AP-315 is Hercules
    AP-305 is Ursa

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: AP Register fail because of Image mismatch

Posted Jun 17, 2022 07:04 AM

Thanks very much Colin, i've just had a look and found the Hercules file for the 315. That has worked!

Cheers

Paul

Paul Burns
    Systems Administrator

DTS Systeme GmbH   Schrewestrasse 2   32051 Herford
    +49 5221 101 3230  
    Paul.Burns@dts.de
    www.dts.de

Follow us:

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Ulrich Moeller, Kai Mallmann, Paul Schoettner, Sitz: Herford, AG Bad Oeynhausen HRB 6847, USt-IdNr. DE125346465
    Unsere Datenschutzhinweise (entsprechend Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung) werden Ihnen hier zur Verfuegung gestellt.