Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP315 restricted power

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  AP315 restricted power

Posted 18 days ago

HI all,

I have a few AP315s but not enough PoE+ ports at the moment. I have got them running on an old PoE switch so they are displaying solid orange status LED. Does anyone know the impact of this overall? Is it in radio range or link speed? I can't seem to find out how to see any meaningful performance data in Instant or the CLI for the AP.

Buying a new switch won't be happening for a while, just not sure how much performance is left on the table...

• 2.  RE: AP315 restricted power

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 18 days ago

Check this post: "You could try turning on IPM, but an AP-315 will not have any relevant restrictions even when it's on 802.3af with IPM off (USB is off and max power on 2.4GHz is reduced by 3dB; that should not affect connectivity)."

Enabling IPM and LLDP-MED may solve your issue.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------