Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP505 Local Management Gone

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  AP505 Local Management Gone

Posted Aug 01, 2022 01:09 PM
    I've got an issue with a network with 23 Aruba AP505 devices. The devices suddenly don't have management options anymore. I only see Monitoring, Maintenance & support when I logon to the devices. Also, I named all devices from 01-23 but suddenly one of them has been renamed to 1001-AP-CNM...

Any idea what may cause this?

• 2.  RE: AP505 Local Management Gone

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 01, 2022 01:13 PM
    What do you see when you log into the Virtual Controller AP? Have you checked to see if management is set to Aruba Central?

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: AP505 Local Management Gone

Posted Aug 01, 2022 01:18 PM
    Hi, it looks like it’s being managed by Aruba Central as these are generally the only options you get when it is

Sent from my iPhone

• 4.  RE: AP505 Local Management Gone

Posted Aug 01, 2022 01:34 PM
    I can indeed see the management is set to aruba central. The issue is we do not have an Aruba Central account.

How can the access points get randomly assigned to somebody's aruba account and how do we get them out when we don't know who they are assigned to?

• 5.  RE: AP505 Local Management Gone
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 01, 2022 03:13 PM
    Did you buy these through an Aruba Partner? The APs may be used / grey market? A TAC call should get you your answers as far as the Greenlake hardware assignment. Its possible someone else has this device added in their central instance. You should be able to isolate the cluster from central and gain control again if you block outbound traffic from the AP IP addresses / Subnet.

Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 6.  RE: AP505 Local Management Gone

Posted Aug 03, 2022 05:01 AM
    Hi Dustin,

We are an HPE reseller and the AP's where purchased through Ingram Micro. I've submitted a support case with HPE.

Will keep you posted. :)

• 7.  RE: AP505 Local Management Gone

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2022 08:22 PM
    please let us know how you go.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 8.  RE: AP505 Local Management Gone

Posted Aug 05, 2022 02:17 AM
    Created a case with HPE support. Turns out the Access Points are registered to a company in the Netherlands we never heard of. They are going to remove them from their Aruba Cloud account.