View Only
last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

API to list disconnected clients of APs in Central

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  API to list disconnected clients of APs in Central

Posted Sep 21, 2023 10:25 AM
      |   view attached

Is there an API or APIs for Central that show(s) you historically connected clients for APs?

Both /monitoring/v1/clients/wireless and /monitoring/v1/clients/wired only show currently connected clients for all APs for a tenant.  If a client "MyPhone" was connected (wired or wirelessly) to an AP and has now disconnected, running these APIs will not give any information about this client "MyPhone".

I want to know which clients (Device / Mac / IP / Time connected / duration / etc.) were connected to an AP after they have disconnected.  Basically historical data....  I know it's possible to see this information, because you can see this in the Central Portal, (look at attached image) but I would like to get this information via APIs.   But I don't see any way to do this - at least nothing obvious.

I would be very obliged for any help/direction.

thanks,

Kishore

• 2.  RE: API to list disconnected clients of APs in Central

Posted Feb 12, 2024 12:47 PM

Hi,

Did you ever get a solution for this?

I'm stuck on the same problem.

• 3.  RE: API to list disconnected clients of APs in Central

Posted Mar 15, 2024 12:23 PM

Sorry Dennis.  No solution yet for this issue.

-Kishore

• 4.  RE: API to list disconnected clients of APs in Central

Posted Feb 27, 2024 12:02 PM

Hello,

Also very interested in an answer to this question around historical wireless clients being accessible via Central API.

Thank you,

-John

• 5.  RE: API to list disconnected clients of APs in Central

Posted Mar 15, 2024 12:22 PM

John,

Sorry for the belated reply...  But, unfortunately, I haven't gotten an answer for this.  No idea if this is possible or not via an API.

thanks,

Kishore