Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Apple TV's and Clearpass

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Apple TV's and Clearpass

Posted Oct 20, 2023 10:44 AM

Hi everyone, our campus has users authentication 802.1x and we have Apple TV's all setup on a PSK. Mac OS Ventura, user's have told me at times after awhile they are unable to connect to the Apple TV. I tell them to restart their machine and it works correctly after that - has anyone see this type of issue? 

We have all our Apple TVs in Clearpass with Airgroup enabled in Central. I've been reading that it might be better to use the Guest portal and add the Apple TV's that way - open to whatever works consistently.   

Thanks in advance 

• 2.  RE: Apple TV's and Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2023 09:48 AM

It may be best to work with your Aruba partner or Aruba support, as there are some differences between Instant/Controller/AOS10 and also many AppleTV devices tend to use bluetooth for discovery and wifi-direct for the datatransfer, effectively bypassing your network. Because of all these factors, the best design in your situation may not be a generic guidance.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------