Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aps assigned to SSIDs

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Aps assigned to SSIDs

Posted Nov 18, 2022 09:26 AM
    I have asked this question in the past, but I did not word it properly. Is there a way to find out the SSIDs that are assigned to each APs (sorting by APs) from a controller via CLI?

• 2.  RE: Aps assigned to SSIDs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2022 10:49 AM
    "show ap bss-table"

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Aps assigned to SSIDs

Posted Nov 18, 2022 02:05 PM
    Thanks for your input, but "show ap bss-table" does not show me what I am looking for. I want the output to be:
    APs name1 | SSID1
    APs name1 | SSID2
    APs name1 | SSID3

APs name2 | SSID1
    APs name2 | SSID3

• 4.  RE: Aps assigned to SSIDs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2022 02:11 PM
    That is the only command that shows AP to SSID mappings.  You would have to massage the output in a text editor to get it the way you want it.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 5.  RE: Aps assigned to SSIDs

Posted Nov 18, 2022 02:14 PM

First command:
    show ap database
    To get all of your AP names

2nd command:
    show ap bss-table ap-name {name from 1st command}

Does that give you what you're looking for?

Thanks,
    Brad

• 6.  RE: Aps assigned to SSIDs

Posted Nov 18, 2022 02:48 PM
    Thanks for your input, but your input requires me to type the APs one at a time. I have too many of them.

• 7.  RE: Aps assigned to SSIDs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2022 02:53 PM
    show ap bss-table does have a column that includes ap names.  In notepad++ you could hold down the ALT button to highlight and copy entire columns into a separate document.