Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

APs lost his names after a few time

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  APs lost his names after a few time

Posted Feb 27, 2024 06:55 AM

Hello.

We have a Virtual Controller with 17 IAP-615 working fine and managed by Aruba Central. We have many other Virtual Controllers managed by Aruba Central. To provide Wi-Fi coverage outside, we have installed 4 IAP-518 with external antennas AP-ANT-345. We put all the IAPs in the same Virtual Controller, and they are working now in version 8.11.2.1, the one recomended by Aruba Central. Once the IAP-518 are installed and have join the Virtual Contorller, we change his name. In a short time (may be10-15 minutes) the IAP-518 lost his name and he put the default name, the mac address. We try to change the name again by Aruba Central, but no changes take effect. If we reload the IAPs, they get another time the name configured in the Aruba Central, but again in a short time change his name again an put the mac address. This is the first time that we find this issue, and I didn't find any documentation about this little problem, so the APs are working fine since they radiate all the WIFI networks. All the IAPs are feeded by POE from Cisco and HP switches.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any idea?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: APs lost his names after a few time

Posted Feb 27, 2024 02:28 PM

Hi Polo.

Does the name change only in Central or also in VC?

If only in Central, I would presume, that this is sync issue. If also in VC then check event and audit logs. You can also look into my python module for collecting log data. It my help you collect logs from all involved APs automatically.

Best, Gorazd

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Guru 2024
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: APs lost his names after a few time

Posted Feb 29, 2024 05:50 AM

Hi Gorazd.

Finally the problem was that these APs doesn't have licenses in Aruba Central. I licensed they and I tryed to change the name again and now they are working fine and with the name invarible.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards.