Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 1930 - New setup InstantON difficulties query

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Aruba 1930 - New setup InstantON difficulties query

Posted Jan 24, 2024 06:40 AM

Hey all,

I've recently purchased Aruba 1930 switches x3.

I've had them running for around a week but with an issue which I just cannot get my head around and am completely out of ideas.

My setup:

Cisco ASA Firewall 5508x = Uplink

2x 48G PoE 1930

1x 24G PoE 1930

VLAN 1 default

VLAN 40 Internal Wifi - (Cisco Meraki AP's)

VLAN 80 Guest Wifi - (Cisco Meraki AP's)

All ports on switches are untagged for VLAN 1

All ports on switches are tagged for VLAN's 40 and 80.

Meraki AP's complain about DNS errors.

If I connect my uplink from the firewall to an HP 1820 switch (Managed with same VLAN config) then connect from that to my Aruba 48G, my AP's are then happy. 

The spare switch and the Aruba's are all running same IP range (192.168.2.*) and subnet mask (255.255.254.0). If I connect to the HP 1820 and ping 192.168.2.20 from the laptop (Static IP 192.168.2.247) it works. If I connect to Aruba switch 1 and ping it (192.168.2.10) from the laptop it fails to ping. If I then change the laptop IP to Automatic it picks up DHCP from the firewall (192.168.3.7) and works. Obviously not ideal as we have many static devices...

It's driving me mad, I can't figure out what the issue could be?

Any help would be amazing or even some tips and tricks to point towards troubleshooting something.

Thank you for anything in advance.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 1930 - New setup InstantON difficulties query

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 25, 2024 08:04 PM

Please ask your question in  Aruba InstantON forum<u1:p></u1:p><u2:p></u2:p>

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 1930 - New setup InstantON difficulties query

Posted Mar 04, 2024 02:55 AM

Hi, there is very little response in that community. Maybe we could link it with Airheads to have some more reach? 

Peter Neyt
    Aruba Partner Ambassador
    ACEX #117

• 4.  RE: Aruba 1930 - New setup InstantON difficulties query

Posted Jan 26, 2024 09:17 AM
      |   view attached

Hi there,

Thank you for letting me know.

I have tried that before my post but cannot post anything due to the attached screenshot. This happens across two different laptops, and multiple web browsers as well as on my phone. I'm signed in but the web page is useless to me and unusable so have no idea what can I do now?

Regards

Neil