Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2530 clear button used as the password for the Admin Account was not known

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2530 clear button used as the password for the Admin Account was not known

Posted 8 days ago

Hi,

I used the clear button on the front panel of Aruba 2530 switch in order to access the switch as the password for the admin account was not known.

Does using the clear button remove the admin account?

What syntax can I use to recreate the admin account and set a password?  

I don't want to leave the switch without a username and password.

Thank you in Advance! 

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2530 clear button used as the password for the Admin Account was not known

Posted 7 days ago

Hi, if it's not a problem for you, you can factory reset the switch by following the link below:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-S/16.11/ASG/YC/content/common%20files/res-fac-def-con.htm

Although the guide is for the 2540, it should work for the 2530 as well.

Sintax: 

conf t

password manager user-name admin plaintext (password)

wr memory

Then if you want to encrypt the password:

encrypt-credentials

------------------------------
    Leonardo Xavier
    Analista de Redes
    hcor
    acma

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2530 clear button used as the password for the Admin Account was not known

Posted 2 days ago

Thank you so much for the update lxavier.  Does that mean once you use the clear button there is no way to apply a username and password unless I do a factory reset?

I can do a factory reset but was hoping to avoid it if possible.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2530 clear button used as the password for the Admin Account was not known

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 2 days ago

As configurations can contain confidential information, like passwords, secrets, certificates, access-lists, ip/network configuration, you probably would not want anyone with access to your switch to reset the admin password and get access to the configuration.

That is why the configuration is erased back to factory default when you reset (lost) your admin password.

Bottom line, make sure that you (1) backup your configuration and (2) not lose your admin password. If both are failing, your last option is to factory reset the device.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.