Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2530 - problem

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2530 - problem

Posted Jan 27, 2023 09:53 AM

Hi,

I've got a problem with a Aruba switch.

HP 2530-48G-POE (J9772A)

Software revision : YA.16.11.0008

Sometimes PC connected to port 12 is loosing connection to everything.

Port status is UP, 1000MB/s, there is no error on that port.

When i try to see mac address on port there is no output there.

PC restart doesn't help.

The only one thing that helps is restart of a switch.

When switch is restarted everything is working fine and i can see MAC address of this PC on that port

Do you have any idea why this issue occurs and how to fix it, because restarting a switch every time is not an option i want to use ?

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2530 - problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2023 07:57 AM
    Based on this information it's hard to say something useful.

Thing you can try:
    - Change the PC to a different port (swap with another client); see if the issue is on the port or on the client
    - Replace the cable between switch and PC
    - See that if you see the issue, then disconnect the cable and connect back, if that resolves the issue.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------