Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2540 - Firmware Update

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2540 - Firmware Update

Posted Jul 19, 2022 03:48 AM

Hi all(1st time poster in this sub-red),

I recently "inherited" some 30 2540 switches that were rather unmanaged by the previous "non"-service provider. Almost all of those are still running either

YC.16.02.0012

or

YC.16.05.0007

Can I just update all directly to YC.16.11.0005 or do I need to slowly raise those switches up through different firmware revisions?

Thanks in advance for any kind answers. :) YourTexasBenefits.com

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2540 - Firmware Update

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2022 09:22 AM
    Check the firmware release notes of the version that you are upgrading to for the upgrade instructions and guidance if intermediate upgrade steps are required.

It looks like you can bump up in a single step, but please double-check.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------