Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2930f poe issue with Cisco ap 2802i-d

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2930f poe issue with Cisco ap 2802i-d

Posted Oct 31, 2022 07:39 AM
    Hello team,
    We have some Cisco ap ,when we connect same AP on Cisco poe switch power delevery to ap is 26w but when we connect the same AP on Aruba switches it is only delivering 11w power to the AP.
    I have increased the poe value to 30w for the Aruba switch port but still it is delivering only 11W.
    Please help me out here . thanks

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2930f poe issue with Cisco ap 2802i-d

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 08, 2022 09:37 AM
    Can you share the output of the command 'show power-over-ethernet brief' and 'show power-over-ethernet 8' (replace 8 by the port where your AP is)?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2930f poe issue with Cisco ap 2802i-d

Posted Nov 08, 2022 09:48 AM
    Hi Herman,
    Please find attached output for "show power over Ethernet" on Cisco switch and on Aruba switch.

I don't have access to the switch right now , i will share the show power over Ethernet (x) command soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Shivam Ojha

Orbit Techsol (W) PVT LTD

Mob:7743901736 Email: shivam.ojha@orbitindia.net

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2930f poe issue with Cisco ap 2802i-d

Posted Nov 08, 2022 10:01 AM
    Hi Herman,
    I don't have access to the switch right now . I will share the requested details soon .
    I have taken the show power over Ethernet brief output of the ap on cisco and Aruba switch. On both switches output is showing different.
    Please find attachment for your reference

• 5.  RE: Aruba 2930f poe issue with Cisco ap 2802i-d

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 09, 2022 10:53 AM
    From this, it looks like the AP and switch have negotiated that 12.0W is enough (through LLDP), and the AP is pulling 10.9W at that moment. It suggests all is fine.

Are you sure that the AP is not just happy with that 12.0W? It seems not to ask for more. Devices can request fewer power if they don't need it depending on its configuration; and the switch can then use the excess for other devices.

Outside the point that you see 12.0W assigned, and 10.9W used, do you experience issues with this AP?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 6.  RE: Aruba 2930f poe issue with Cisco ap 2802i-d

Posted Nov 10, 2022 02:10 AM
    Hi Herman,
    When we connect same AP to Cisco switch, it's taking 26 W power.
    Users were complaining the slowness and disconnection to the SSID .
    We did increase the PSE reserved on the Aruba switch port to 30W , still PD draw is 12W, but users are not facing any slowness or disconnection issue. We have kept AP under observation 

Thanks & Regards,

Shivam Ojha

Orbit Techsol (W) PVT LTD

Mob:7743901736 Email: shivam.ojha@orbitindia.net