Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2930f Voice VLAN

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2930f Voice VLAN

Posted Jul 21, 2022 08:07 AM
    I need to configure Voice VLAN on the 2930f switches.  When I create a VLAN, I don't see an option to set it as voice.
    Also, how can setup LLDP so that the IP phones gets voice VLAN ID automatically instead of manually setting up on each phone?

I think I can do this via CLI but prefer to use GUI

vlan 150
    name "Voice"
    tagged 1-24
    voice

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2930f Voice VLAN

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 21, 2022 10:09 AM
    CLI:

config
    vlan 150
    voice
    exit
    write memory
    exit

that's all to set the VLAN id 150 of type "voice".

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2930f Voice VLAN

Posted Jul 21, 2022 10:38 AM
    @parnassus

Thank you, but is there a way to do that using the web gui?

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2930f Voice VLAN

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 22, 2022 06:55 AM
    Hi, in all honesty I never used to ArubaOS-Switch's Web GUI other than to understand how good was the look of the new UI with respect to the traditional (older) one. Please, do not automatically expect that what you can configure using the CLI (all) can also be done through the GUI, which is not. I believe you can't set the "voice" option via GUI to a particular VLAN Id.

• 5.  RE: Aruba 2930f Voice VLAN

Posted Jul 22, 2022 07:48 AM
    @parnassus,
    Thank you, coming from Netgear switches this is totally weird, and annoying if this is true.​

• 6.  RE: Aruba 2930f Voice VLAN

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 24, 2022 01:53 PM
    Having configured some Netgear's many years ago (I'm referring to some Smart Managed like the Netgear ProSafe GS748T, as example) I can honestly say that I'd always preferred managed Switches where the CLI is complete and efficient because operating at CLI level is fast and effective. Reading a running configuration plain file is ways better than exploring the settings in various Web pages.

The Aruba 2930F is a serious managed switch and its GUI is just an optional feature IMHO (yeah, nice for some graphic representations but nothing more...and, indeed, it's safe to disable it when unneeded), its CLI is exactly all you need to perform any needed operation.