Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2930M Switch getting port 14 is now off-line

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2930M Switch getting port 14 is now off-line

Posted Nov 14, 2022 08:34 AM

Hi Team,

I am facing this issue with my aruba 2930M switch these ports are connected with aruba APs.

Switch logs:-
    Port 14: PD stopped responding to LLDP PoE TLVs
    Previous LLDP negotiated power values will be retained.
    port 14 is now on-line
    port 14 is now off-line

I also checked the POE levels 

Available: 1440 W Used: 202 W Remaining: 1238 W

It is causing the APs to restart i am not able to find what is causing this issue.

Please help me find the reason.

Thanks & Regars
    Sanjib Behera
    mo- 7978466482
    email- sanjib.behra@highradius.com

------------------------------
    Sanjib Behera
    Highradius

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2930M Switch getting port 14 is now off-line

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2022 11:28 AM
    It looks like the AP is restarting, and that is causing these messages in your switch. Does not look like a switch issue.

You could check the reboot reason on your APs, which may give an explanation.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2930M Switch getting port 14 is now off-line

Posted Nov 15, 2022 06:51 AM

I have checked the AP reboot log.

show ap debug system-status ap-name HRT-BBSR-AP6

Reboot Information
    ------------------
    AP Reboot reason: SomeCrash Warm-reset
    --------------------------------------

Rebootstrap Information
    -----------------------
    Date Time Reason (Latest 10)
    --------------------------------------
    1969-12-31 16:00:35 New connection, Changing to LMS (172.26.64.13) [cur_lms_index: 0, event: REDUN_EVENT_TUNNEL_UP, cur_state: REDUN_STATE_TUNNEL_MASTER, function: redun_tunnel_up(5184)]

Can you help me out with what caused this AP to reboot?

Thanks & Regards
    Sanjib Behera

Sanjib Behera
    Highradius

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2930M Switch getting port 14 is now off-line

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2022 10:24 AM
    I would upgrade the AP to the latest/current firmware version and if that does not resolve the issue, open a TAC case.

Crashes should be investigated by TAC, there is not so much we can do. I see that some other customers reported the same message and there the most recent firmware resolved the issue, so I would try that first.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.