Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 3810m Backplane Stacking Mesh Topology Question

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Aruba 3810m Backplane Stacking Mesh Topology Question

Posted 3 days ago

Dear Community,
    I have a 4 members backplane stack with 2 x  JL075A and 2 x JL072A.

I have followed the suggested meshing topology with two additional cables between each pair of switches for increased throughput between the same model switches.

My question is if using the additional cables actually provides higher throughput or if can create issues with L3 functionality.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 3810m Backplane Stacking Mesh Topology Question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted yesterday

I'd keep it cabled up like you have it. Utilizing the Mesh connectivity option like you have allows every switch to be connected to every other switch. Keeping the 4th stack port open will allow you to add a 5th switch in the future if needed. If you only had 3 switches then you could do a mesh topology with dual connections to each switch but with 4 switches having mismatched stack speeds between switches would probably cause more issues than any benefit you might get.