Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ARUBA 515 Guest SSID Issues

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  ARUBA 515 Guest SSID Issues

Posted 15 days ago

Hi All,

I have a client with 3 Aruba 515 APs running with one of it acting as the Virtual Controller.

Office SSID Clients are getting IP from Network Assigned DHCP Server. There are no issues when connecting to the Office SSID between the 3 APs in the office location.

Guest SSID Clients are getting its IP from VC DHCP Scope, and is facing some connectivity issues:

• Noticed that IP Address assignment takes time, the MAC Address is just having 0.0.0.0 for some time for clients connecting to Guest SSID via AP2 and AP1 but is stable once they get assigned IPs.

• Clients connecting to Guest SSID via AP3 has no successfull connections at all.  Clients trying to connect to AP3 primarily are unable to get connectivity via Guest SSID, unable to get IP Address.   Connection to Office SSID in same AP is functioning well though.

• Clients that have successfully connected to either AP2 or AP1, when client move or roam and are handed off to AP3, they are able to connect and reach internet with no issues.

• we have tried to power cycle AP3, still same issues met after

AP2 is acting as the Master of the 3 APs.

• All AP Current Version : 8.6.0.9_79813

• All AP Current Downloadable Regulatory Table (DRT) version : 1.0_89624

any possible reason why this is happening?

Thanks in advance for your inputs

• 2.  RE: ARUBA 515 Guest SSID Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 15 days ago

8.6.0.9 is very old firmware, I suggest first to upgrade to the latest maintenance  release of LSR release that is 8.10.0.11_89676.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------