Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 550 Series Wrong Passphrase

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Aruba 550 Series Wrong Passphrase

Posted Jan 12, 2023 09:44 PM

Hello,

we are currently using 11 x Aruba 550 Series Access Points and having problems with them every week. Time to time some access points (not all) report errors that the WIFI password is wrong. The devices which were already connected to the WIFI get a error message that the wifi password is wrong and we should enter the new passwort. After typing the right password, we are still getting the error that the password is wrong.

After we restart all the APs via Master Controller, the APs are working again without problems and we are able to connect with devices again.

It is happening almost once or twice in a week.

Can somebody help me with this? Any idea ?

Thank You

• 2.  RE: Aruba 550 Series Wrong Passphrase

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 13, 2023 07:02 AM
    I would open a ticket with TAC. This sounds buggy to me. What version are you running on them?

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Aruba 550 Series Wrong Passphrase

Posted Feb 02, 2023 05:42 AM
    hello i am still having the same problem. I have to restart the access points every one or two weeks.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 550 Series Wrong Passphrase

Posted Feb 02, 2023 05:48 AM
    @Herman Robers can you also help me please? ​

• 5.  RE: Aruba 550 Series Wrong Passphrase

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2023 07:40 AM
    Think I've seen issues with WPA3/Transition mode on some clients, and switching back to WPA2 or upgrading the clients wireless drivers may help. Downgrading to the lastest 8.10 LSR release could also be considered to see if there is any improvement. But please open a TAC case to get this investigated.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 6.  RE: Aruba 550 Series Wrong Passphrase

Posted Feb 02, 2023 09:10 AM
    i tried but they said i have to buy Foundation Care Support for it so that they can help me

"Our records indicate the unit serial number has limited lifetime warranty which covers troubleshooting assistance for product hardware functionality/conformance only. The issue reported in this case involves one or more of the following: Troubleshooting and guidance with set up, configuration, interoperability or additional advance technical troubleshooting.

In order to get this support, your product must have an active Foundation Care for Aruba support contract. To upgrade your support contract type to Foundation Care, please contact your local partner or your Aruba account manager. For details on Foundation Care for Aruba"

• 7.  RE: Aruba 550 Series Wrong Passphrase

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2023 05:55 AM
    Your Aruba partner or reseller may be able to assist you in that case. Or purchase support for your APs to get full access to TAC.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.