View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 6100 24G Latency

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Aruba 6100 24G Latency

Posted Mar 29, 2023 02:06 PM

Hello Airheads,

This is my first post to the site, sorry if there are templates I should be using when posting a issue/question.

We have an issue where we swapped out a 2530 ArubaOS switch with a 6100 24G switch to accommodate for more ports. This switch is inside of a boiler room and it connects to some HVAC equipment (Trane Tracer Summit BCU) that allows for remote controls over the HVAC systems at this school. There are 2 of these systems there that connect to the new switch. They were there before the new switch was installed and was working without any issues.

Currently working with TAC but with no resolution and was told of possible incompatibility. When pinging these 2 devices that are setup as static, we have very high latency, sometimes there are points where the pings will be normal and consistent. Pings will show packet loss, but if I do a "sh int 1/1/17" it displays 0 dropped packets, TAC suggested that they were not being dropped, and that it was just very high latency. The ports are auto-negotiating as 100 half-duplex and thats how they were setup on the old switch.

The switch at times will show 100 or 80% or more CPU utilization in CLI and on the web GUI. TAC saw that the switch was trying to reach Central, but we do not have Central and suggest we disable this, which I have, I have also updated to the recommended version from TAC of 10.10.1040. I have tried just manually setting up the 100 - Half along with other configuration just to see if it would make a difference. I have setup QOS on these ports but it has not changed anything in regards to the high latency.

These pings are from the switch to the 2 devices are connected to, not across multiple switches.

I hope others have ran into this issue and know of a fix, we are upgrading multiple schools in a week to CX switches and we would not like to run into this issue. We also have the same issue with our Valcom Paging equipment with exact same issues on a CX switch, but connect to an old Aruba-OS switch and have no issues with same settings.

Thanks for your time.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 6100 24G Latency

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2023 09:55 AM

How high is 'high' for your latency?
    How do you determine that high latency?
    You could ask TAC to escalate your case if there does not come a satisfactorily answer. It would not be expected that latancy goes up significantly if you move from a 2530 to CX6100.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Aruba 6100 24G Latency

Posted Apr 03, 2023 10:04 AM

Thank you for the response, latency is consistently going over 1000ms. I am pinging the device from the switch that it is connected to. Pinging from source as the same vlan that the devices are connected to and receive same latency. TAC has escalated the issue to their engineers as well.

CURTIS COOK

Network & Telecommunications Engineer

Technology | Cabarrus County Schools

(704) 260-5862 | (704) 794-7813

Curtis.Cook@cabarrus.k12.nc.us

cid1533733912*<a href=image003.png@01D93091.0D98A900">

www.cabarrus.k12.nc.us

cid1533733912*<a href=image004.png@01D93091.0D98A900">

130 Cedar Drive NW

Concord, NC 28215

cid1533733912*<a href=image005.png@01D93091.0D98A900">