Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 6300m SW

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Aruba 6300m SW

Posted Jun 16, 2022 10:59 AM

Hi Everyone,
    I'm a newbie in this field, apologies in advance.

I have an Aruba 6300M switch factory default settings. 
    What are the minimun steps to configure the switch to do a simple ping between two hosts connected to the 6300m?

I have only vlan 1 and all its interfaces in access mode. Soy when I ping from host A to host B works smoothly. But when I ping from host B to host A doesn't work.
    I tried to configure an ip to interface vlan 1, and add the following command:

# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <default router ip on vlan 1>

But still doesn't work. 

What am I missing?

Thank you so much

Mariano

• 2.  RE: Aruba 6300m SW

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 16, 2022 11:51 AM
    Hello Mariano, since:

"I have only vlan 1 and all its interfaces in access mode. Soy when I ping from host A to host B works smoothly. But when I ping from host B to host A doesn't work."

Let me say Host A (connected to an Aruba 6300M administratively "up" port configured to work in Access mode <- here I presume that port is "untagged" on - say - VLAN 1 so that port has VLAN 1 as its Native VLAN), let me say that Host B is connected to an Aruba 6300M port configured exactly the same way as per Host A...then, if Host A and Host B - with their OS firewalls properly configured (ICMP Ping admitted) - belongs to the same Layer 2 Subnet, there is no reason to worry about Layer 3 Routing: Host A must be able to successfully ping the Host B and, vice-versa, the Host B must be able to do the same in the opposite direction toward the Host A. Check Hosts' Guest OS Firewalls first.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 6300m SW

Posted Jun 17, 2022 08:45 AM

Hi Parnassus, thank you so much for your answer.
    Your assumption about VLAN configurations is correct. With your answer I have enough to know that the problem isn't in the switch.

Thank you!

BR 
    Mariano