Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 7030 stand-alone mode (os8.9) how to create simple captive portal for shopping mall guest

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Aruba 7030 stand-alone mode (os8.9) how to create simple captive portal for shopping mall guest

Posted Mar 20, 2024 11:54 AM

Hi. I am new to Aruba. I had setup office user can connect WiFi thru Aruba 7030 standalone mode (os8.9)

but I need setup a simple captive portal for shopping mall guest - just need click accept and can connect 1hour. Then dis-connect. Guest need click accept again for next 1hour.

Please help. Many thank

• 2.  RE: Aruba 7030 stand-alone mode (os8.9) how to create simple captive portal for shopping mall guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2024 09:30 AM

If you configure a captive portal, the internal captive portal may be fine, set the re-authentication timeout for the guest role to 60 minutes to force a reauthentication after an hour.

Please note that ArubaOS 8.9 is end-of-support. For other than lab purposed, I'd recommend upgrading to a supported version.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Aruba 7030 stand-alone mode (os8.9) how to create simple captive portal for shopping mall guest

Posted Mar 25, 2024 10:15 PM

Dear Herman, 

many thanks for your answer. Aruba was very powerful. i read with the " internal captive portal " ; it was command line mode. is it working with SSH or telnet console. or is it have some GUI step which easy for me ( beginner ) to handle ?

many thanks again.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 7030 stand-alone mode (os8.9) how to create simple captive portal for shopping mall guest

Posted Mar 25, 2024 11:04 PM

Dear Herman,

I study more information. ( my case was 7030 standalone mode ) Can I setup at GUI : 

• 5.  RE: Aruba 7030 stand-alone mode (os8.9) how to create simple captive portal for shopping mall guest

Posted Mar 26, 2024 04:24 AM

Sorry ; i double check. the currently fireware version was " ArubaOS_70xx_8.11.2.0_87947 " Thanks.