Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 8325-48Y8C middle row

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Aruba 8325-48Y8C middle row

Posted Jun 01, 2023 11:08 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm facing a small problem with the Aruba 8325-48Y8C . Cause it has 3 rows of  sfp ports, the midlle row is very hard / impossible to access without unplugging the bottom row.
    In my scenario I am renewing big parts of this network, and multiple locations are only haveing one fiber cable (Singlemode) so I just can't unpluged them within working hours.

Does someone also noticed this issue? Is there some kind of tool for accessing the middle row without removing the bottem one?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Aruba 8325-48Y8C middle row

Posted Jun 01, 2023 11:14 AM

I don't have an 8325 but I have been in situations where LC connectors or SFP's have been other in situations where my fat fingers can't get to them.  I bought a special pliers that's designed for LC insertion and extraction and it has a hook on one side which also works to grab the lever on an SFP.  It's not always easy but I've always been able to make it work. The exact tool I have is a Ripley Miller 80860 which is available from a number of different retailers.   YMMV.