Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 9012 Gateway with AP-635 Behind Corporate Firewall

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Aruba 9012 Gateway with AP-635 Behind Corporate Firewall

Posted 19 days ago
    • Hello! I am a newbie in the world of Aruba and Aruba Central. I am core Cisco Networking guy
    • My company has recently procured 1x 9012 Gateway and 20x AP-635s to deploy and replace our existing Wireless AP-235s
    • We have 1 Site only. All VLANs terminate to the Corp Firewall which manages all Traffic Permissions east-west and north-south, performs IPS etc.
    • The existing APs site behind the corporate Firewall and use the Firewall to route traffic to the Internet
    • The existing APs use one of the 235s as a Virtual Controller for RADIUS Authentication and managing SSIDs
    • In the new setup we are looking to replace the Virtual Controller with a 9012. This may be an overkill for what we intend to do.
    • The sole purpose of the 9012 will be to act as a Physical Controller to manage SSIDs. It will also terminate Tunneled SSIDs for Guest Wireless and Relay DHCP for the Guest Wireless VLANs to the Corp Firewall (which is the DHCP Server in Guest Wireless).
    • I am looking for a deployment guide that explains a use-case wherein the 9012 does not function as the Internet Gateway.
    • Am I able to use the 9012 purely as a Layer 2 device or using it as an Internet Gateway is a MUST ? 
    • In Aruba Central I have configured Gateway > Interface > Ports and Gateway > Interface > VLANs but there is no place to configure a Default Gateway for the 9012 to send the traffic up to the Corp Firewall for the purposes of Routing?

Please advise if there is something fundamentally wrong with our intended setup ?

• 2.  RE: Aruba 9012 Gateway with AP-635 Behind Corporate Firewall

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 18 days ago

Welcome to the world of Aruba!
    Here is a nice Validated Solution Guide, which helps ypu to setup the environment - https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/VSG/docs/020-campus-deploy/esp-campus-deploy-080-campus-wireless-connectivity/
    Here you will find the configuration of the Default Gateway in the "Gateway Devices Configuration" Section.
    If you have further question this Forum will help you.