Aruba Airwave

View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Airwave 8.3 Installation issues

This thread has been viewed 74 times
  • 1.  Aruba Airwave 8.3 Installation issues

Posted Mar 23, 2023 11:44 AM

Has anyone had any luck installing Aruba Airwave version 8.3?  I downloaded the installation ISO file, verified the checksum, and made a bootable USB with Rufus.  The installation will start but gets stuck every time on a "Started cancel waiting for multipath siblings of sda" message.  (Which appears to be a Red Hat bug.)  I was running this on an Aruba AirWave DL360 Professional Edition Hardware Appliance, which is basically and DL360 Gen9.  I was running in the LegacyBIOS boot mode but I've also tried it with UEFI boot mode with the same results.  Is this why the 8.3 software has been hidden in the ASP portal filter?  You can still get to the files directly from the link sent out in the weekly release email.  Just curious if there's something else I should try before opening a support ticket.

• 2.  RE: Aruba Airwave 8.3 Installation issues

Posted May 22, 2023 01:52 PM

I have some general suggestion for you try it ,

1. Verify system requirements: Ensure that your hardware meets the minimum requirements for installing Aruba Airwave version 8.3. Check the documentation or release notes for the specific hardware and software prerequisites.

2. Check installation media: Double-check the integrity of the installation media (ISO file) by comparing the checksum with the one provided by Aruba. If possible, try creating a new bootable USB using a different tool like Etcher or Win32 Disk Imager.

3. Review installation steps: Review the installation steps provided in the documentation or user guide for Aruba Airwave version 8.3. Make sure you are following all the recommended steps correctly and not missing any crucial configuration or setup.

4. Update firmware: Check for any firmware updates or patches for your hardware, including the DL360 Gen9, and apply them if available. Updated firmware can sometimes address compatibility or stability issues.

5. Try different boot modes: If you've been installing in Legacy BIOS mode, try switching to UEFI mode, or vice versa, and see if it makes any difference. Ensure that the boot mode is set correctly in your system BIOS settings.

6. Seek community support: Look for user forums, discussion boards, or communities specific to Aruba Airwave or Aruba Networks. Other users may have encountered similar issues and might have found workarounds or solutions.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it would be advisable to open a support ticket with Aruba Networks or consult their technical support team. They can provide you with specific troubleshooting steps and guidance based on your setup and the problem you're facing.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Airwave 8.3 Installation issues

Posted Aug 25, 2023 01:00 PM

I had similar issues & had to rely on iLo or iDRAC.

The installation guide makes a reference to being unable to boot via CD, DVD, or USB; however, I haven't bothered looking into the aspects of UEFI & Secure Boot to understand what's prevent us from booting directly off a USB stick. 

Best of luck, 

--Raf

------------------------------
    Rafael Hinojosa
    ------------------------------