Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ARUBA AP 505 VIRTUAL CONTROLLER | CAPTIVE PORTAL

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  ARUBA AP 505 VIRTUAL CONTROLLER | CAPTIVE PORTAL

Posted Jun 27, 2022 11:40 PM
    Hello experts,

I have a situation where recently fixed the outbound emails from Clearpass when a guest users joins our Guest WIFI Networks that uses captive portal with request sponsorship option. Now i can receive the email approved the access, also we obtain an IP via correct DHCP pool, however we get redirected to the Clearpass login page and we don't have internet intermediately ask again to log in to the network and land at the Aruba default portal to request sponsorship.

Is theres any documentation/ manual about implementing Captive Portal on Clearpass or Aruba Virtual Controller?

If theres any other thing that we can try and troubleshoot in order to identify or resolved the issue.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: ARUBA AP 505 VIRTUAL CONTROLLER | CAPTIVE PORTAL

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 04, 2022 05:45 AM
    I suggest first test the basic guest access using the same captive portal but without sponsor approval and see if it works.
    Generally the reason why the user might get redirected back to the captive portal even after successful login is an incorrect redirect ACL.
    if you are using ClearPass for authentication and guest access, you should check access tracker which will give you a lot of visibility for guest authentication

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.
    ------------------------------