Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

ARUBA AP 515RW Configuration

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  ARUBA AP 515RW Configuration

Posted 12 days ago

Hello

i wanted the best AP for my home , i bought AP515 RW 

i thought it was easy to configure , but out of the box i got very poor performance 

i converted the AP to single AP 

i want to activate the max Power output and max bandwidth for example the 160mhz 

it is giving me channel 36 over 5ghz 

please help me 

• 2.  RE: ARUBA AP 515RW Configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 12 days ago

Try the following from the IAP WebUI to setup 160 MHz and increase the EIRP.

For 160 MHz configuration in 5 GHz:

• Go to Configuration > RF > Show advanced options > ARM > Access Point Control
    • Edit the Valid 5 GHz channels and enable 36S, 100S, and 149S
    • Enable wide channel bands for 5 GHz, 80 MHz support, and set 160 MHz support to auto

For maximum power:

• Go to Configuration > RF > Show advanced options > Radio > 5 GHz band
    • Edit the profile and change min/max power to desired target e.g., if you want the EIRP to be 18 dBm set min/max to 18.

• 3.  RE: ARUBA AP 515RW Configuration

Posted 12 days ago

In reality you don't want max power output on AP. Best practice is to match AP power output with client's power output.

If you need to cover larger areas, then you would be better with AP-514 and external antennas.

Placement of AP is of great importance. Those APs are design to be mounted on the ceiling to achieve the best coverage. 

Before enabling 160MHz channels, put AP into spectrum monitoring mode in 5GHz and check for sources of interferences. If the spectrum is clean, then go with 160MHz, otherwise stay with 80MHz or in very noisy environment go to 40MHz.

Other best practice is to lower max 2.4GHz power to be 6 dBm lower than min 5GHz power.  Or if you don't need 2,4GHz, then just disable it or put it into monitoring mode.

There are a lot of other recommendations available for various sources how to optimize WiFi performance. AP will do the best to provide the best level of service it can giving parameters and environment it encounter.

Best, Gorazd

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Guru 2024
    ------------------------------