Higher Education

View Only
last person joined: 21 days ago 

Got questions on how to enable mobility in education? Submit them here!
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AP-577 outdoor AP

This thread has been viewed 45 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP-577 outdoor AP

Posted Feb 09, 2022 09:23 AM
    Has anybody used these yet?  I'm trying to provide wireless on the campus I'm wondering if this AP's signal would go farther than the AP-575 that we usually install. Sometime I think a directional antenna would be better than an omni directional..

------------------------------
    Jon Hutchinson

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP-577 outdoor AP

Posted Feb 10, 2022 05:25 PM
    You should watch this AB316: Apply Radio Frequency (RF) Fundamentals to Optimize Wi-Fi Design - YouTube

It's all about the specifics of the space you are trying to cover. If you have obstructions, then those directional antennas are going to send the signal further away, but if you can mount an AP in the middle of a clear flat area, then the circular antenna is going to get you a lot totalcoverage. 

We've got athletic fields which are flat with no trees or buildings, and an existing light pole smack dab in the middle. The x75 antenna pattern is well suited. For a campus quad that's ~75m x ~275m, the x77 antenna pattern is the way to go.

Cathy Fasano

• 3.  RE: Aruba AP-577 outdoor AP

Posted Sep 14, 2022 11:13 PM
    Cathy,

Do you know what the coverage is for the AP575? 

(radius distance from AP to service edge) 

• 4.  RE: Aruba AP-577 outdoor AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2022 08:11 AM
    Please don't ask the same question multiple times.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.