View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

**Aruba Central AP Support List

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  **Aruba Central AP Support List

Posted Sep 15, 2023 10:47 AM

Hi Everyone!

Where can I access the list of all Aruba access points that we can manage through Aruba Central?

There is a list on the link in the detail, but I saw older models such as RAP-109 and IAP-205 from another user, but they are not on this list.

LIST

Can you share me the most accurate list containing all the products?

Thank you in advance for your support.

• 2.  RE: **Aruba Central AP Support List

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2023 04:46 AM

Please use the feedback link on that page and ask the documentation team to verify the information on that page.

I have an IAP-215 in Central 2.5.7, so know that one works. There may be a difference between what works and what is officially supported. I reported myself the point that the 215 is missing already.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: **Aruba Central AP Support List

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 25, 2023 03:28 AM

Ok, I checked and this indeed has to do with the difference between what works and what is officially supported. More info can be found in the end-of-life policy:

Central or Central On-Premises licenses support on discontinued hardware

Discontinued products typically can connect to Central or Central On-Premises for the entire useful life of the product.

Following the Hardware EOST date, note that:

• Aruba cannot guarantee that discontinued products will be able to connect to Central or Central On-Premises indefinitely following hardware EOST date.
    • After reaching EOST date, Aruba Customer Advocacy will provide support only on a commercially reasonable effort basis.
    • Aruba cannot guarantee that new features offered in Central or Central On-Premises will be compatible with discontinued hardware or software running on them.

With that, if the Instant version is supported by Central (like if you have other APs running the same firmware version, or if you can select the version in the firmware upgrade 'dropdown') there is good chance that the AP will work with Central. But if it doesn't, it's unlikely that such an incompatibility will be resolved.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: **Aruba Central AP Support List

Posted Sep 25, 2023 04:31 AM

Hi Herman,

Thank you very much for your useful feedback.
    The support center gave a similar response.

Have a nice day.