Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba central APs 503 are down after upgrading them to 10.5 firmware version.

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Aruba central APs 503 are down after upgrading them to 10.5 firmware version.

Posted Jan 08, 2024 11:41 PM

Hello all,

My colleague did firmware upgrades to 11 AP  503 which are managed by Aruba central to 10.5 then all APs are down. 

I tested the Aruba switches which are connecting to all APs and all is good even I connected one new AP 503 which has firmware version 10.3 and it is working.

any ideas please to fix this issue. I don't have console cable to connect to APs and  do factory reset them, where can I find console that can work with AP 503?

If I can get console and do factory rest , will it return it to the pervious firmware? if not what is command line to restore the previous firmware, I am new in Aruba but I had experience with Fortinet and I used to restore the previous firmware from secondary partition...   is there any command can do that with Aruba?

It will be much appreciated if you guys can help me

• 2.  RE: Aruba central APs 503 are down after upgrading them to 10.5 firmware version.

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 09, 2024 05:29 PM

Hi Amira,

The AP-503 minimum firmeware support for AOS10 is ArubaOS 10.5.0.0.

Are you able to ping the access points IP addresses? Be sure the access points get an IP address from your DHCP server, have DNS working and the AP can access the internet over HTTP TCP/443 to reach Central.

It is unusual for an AP to no longer come online after a firmware update and it is usually a DHCP, DNS, Firewall issue that prevents it from reaching access points Aruba Central.

I would recommend you to open an Aruba TAC Support ticket.

If you like to factory reset an AP
    1. remove the power from the AP.
    2. press and hold the reset button on the back.
    3. power on the AP while still holding the reset button.
    4. wait 10-15sec.
    5. release the reset button.

Note the firmware will not downgraded to previous firmware version.

If you like a serial console cable you will need the Aruba AP-CBL-SERU Mirco-USB cable.

------------------------------
    Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2023 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own

• 3.  RE: Aruba central APs 503 are down after upgrading them to 10.5 firmware version.

Posted Jan 09, 2024 06:29 PM
    Thank you so much for your help and quick reply.
    I tested dhcp, DNS and internet connection and all is working well. I connected different APs which were not upgraded to the same Aruba Switch and they are working fine. I can't ping the APs and for me it looks like trying to booting but failed because there is blinking green light on power and no light activity on wifi indicator. I tried many times to do factory reset and failed. nothing changed with light activity I agree with you 100%  , it is very wired. We ordered a console cale and opened a ticket with Aruba support waiting for getting the console to do troubleshooting.
    I set temporarily up some APs to make system work until resolve the issue. Thanks again for your help and if you have any ideas please let me know.

• 4.  RE: Aruba central APs 503 are down after upgrading them to 10.5 firmware version.

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 09, 2024 06:50 PM

Please note that when you like to do a factory reset that you first disconnect the power, then press AND HOLD the reset button when connecting power...KEEP HOLD for 1-15seconds on the boot process.

An console cable is very useful here but understand you wait for delivery. 

Other suggestions:

• Check layer 1, is the port light up on the switchport.
    • Check layer 2, show mac-address on the switch, is the AP mac-address learned in de switch mac-table.
    • Can you do a show lldp 
    • Maybe you can make a packet-capture (port-monitor) and look for DHCP request/offer or any outsite 443 communication.
    • Did you check the audit and event log in Aruba Central?

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2023 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own

• 5.  RE: Aruba central APs 503 are down after upgrading them to 10.5 firmware version.

Posted Jan 10, 2024 09:11 AM
    Dear Marcel,

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will implement them and let you know if I noticed anything. We have ordered a console cable as we are waiting for delivery.

Best regards!

Amira Mostafa
    Technical Support Engineer
    Zodiac Light ‎Waves Inc.

amira@zlwinc.com

Toll Free: (888)845-0107
    www.zodiaclightwaves.com

Interesting interviews with our customers. Find out more