Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central : Client getting error "Unexpected Client Data: Unable to perform EAP: No mutually supported EAP types"

This thread has been viewed 43 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central : Client getting error "Unexpected Client Data: Unable to perform EAP: No mutually supported EAP types"

Posted Sep 26, 2023 02:54 AM

Dear All,

For the customer, Aruba Central has been integrated with the Azure AD. Network profiles have been created on the client devices using Aruba Onboarding App. Some clients are complaining after they return from home using Wi-Fi at the home can not connect to the SSID automatically and need to set up the network profile from the scratch. 

In the Authentication and Policy tab of Aruba Central, the failed issue for the client is showing as "Unexpected Client Data: Unable to perform EAP: No mutually supported EAP types". 

Need your expertise support for a solution for this issue

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central : Client getting error "Unexpected Client Data: Unable to perform EAP: No mutually supported EAP types"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2023 03:20 AM

you get this error when you are not using EAP-TLS which requires certificate.

Did you install a certificate with Aruba Onboard app or the link 

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central : Client getting error "Unexpected Client Data: Unable to perform EAP: No mutually supported EAP types"

Posted Sep 26, 2023 07:12 AM

Dear @ariyap,

I have installed Aruba Onboarding app on the client devices. I did not get your point "Did you install a certificate with Aruba Onboard app or the link ".

I really appreciate if you could you please explain it and give me the right steps for the required connfigurations

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central : Client getting error "Unexpected Client Data: Unable to perform EAP: No mutually supported EAP types"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2023 06:03 PM

when the user will go through the Aruba onboarding app workflow, then a certificate gets installed on the device which is then used for authentication. The error message that you are getting indicates that possibly there is no certificate for authentication. So you can check that.

also you can refer to this video "Aruba Cloud Auth - Aruba Wired & Wireless Network Setup"

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central : Client getting error "Unexpected Client Data: Unable to perform EAP: No mutually supported EAP types"

Posted Feb 08, 2024 11:06 AM

Hey, I am having the same issue, did you find a way to fix this?

• 6.  RE: Aruba Central : Client getting error "Unexpected Client Data: Unable to perform EAP: No mutually supported EAP types"

Posted Feb 22, 2024 01:33 AM

@Kristupas, Did you try to login using certificate option when log in to SSID

• 7.  RE: Aruba Central : Client getting error "Unexpected Client Data: Unable to perform EAP: No mutually supported EAP types"

Posted Feb 22, 2024 06:57 AM

@nipunmeewella Yes, when trying to connect to the network "Connect using a certificate" option was selected. But we have not had this issue since the last week, so it might be resolved.