View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Cloud Auth and Chromebooks

This thread has been viewed 36 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Cloud Auth and Chromebooks

Posted Nov 02, 2023 11:03 AM

Hi,

Has anyone successfully managed to onboard Chromebooks with the Aruba Central Onboard app?

According to the documentation ChromeOS 115 or later is supported, but I cannot install the app on the device. 

I've set up "Authentication & Policy" connection with Google Workspace, created SSID that use the Cloud Auth server, and connection/authentication works fine with an iPhone.

Any advice is much appreciated

Many thanks

Tom

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Cloud Auth and Chromebooks

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2023 03:49 AM

I don't have personal experience (and no access to a ChromeOS 115 or later), but documentation is here.

And in Play there is a ClearPass Onboard and an Aruba Onboard App.. the last one is the one you need.

Do you get a specific error that makes the app not to install?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Cloud Auth and Chromebooks

Posted Nov 08, 2023 04:39 AM

Hi,

Thank you for you reply.

It turns out that only "real" Chromebooks support installation of Android apps, and will not work on my ChromeOS Flex devices.

Back to the drawing board... :)

Tom