View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Group SSID clone

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Group SSID clone

Posted Jul 07, 2023 10:12 AM

Hi,

I'm new to Aruba central and still getting to grips. I've created a group for one of our sites, populated it with SSID's and all works great. To save time I thought I could clone that group with a new name for the next site to be installed and have it carry across all of the configured SSID's as well.

However I've ended up with a new group but no SSID's. Am I doing this wrong?

------------------------------
    Thanks Carl
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Group SSID clone

Posted Oct 10, 2023 11:08 AM

Hey Carl,

I ran into this same scenario and the way it's been explained to me is that the Groups are for Like Configurations.  So, if you have the same SSID's and other settings across multiple sites then you can place all of your access points into 1 group.  This makes configuration really simple even across locations.  I named ours "Standard AP".  You then assign different AP's to different Sites which is different from Groups (you will see Groups and Sites when you click on Global).

If you have AP's in the Standard AP group then you can still filter them by location on the Devices screen by Virtual Controller.  We use a 3 letter code to identify each of our locations so I just type in that 3 letter code into the Virtual Controller column filter and I can then see all of the AP's connected to that VC at that site.

Before I set this up I wasn't sure how the VC's would work in 1 Group; however, I quickly found out that a new VC is assigned per subnet.  Assuming your subnets are different per site, you will have a different VC per site even when all of your AP's are in the same group.  We have 11 sites, so we have 11 different VC's in our Standard AP group.

Hope that all made sense.