Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central-Managed Mobility Gateway

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central-Managed Mobility Gateway

Posted Mar 14, 2024 04:55 PM

I always try to do my due diligence but so far haven't been able to find reasons why a Mobility Gateway is necessary if you manage it through Aruba Central

It seems that all security related features can be done on the access-points itself while all roaming related services are in Aruba Central

The only compelling reason I found in this document Segmentation Design | Validated Solution Guide (arubanetworks.com)

It mentions if you have more than 500 APs or 1000 clients you need to use a Gateway. But what about segmentation in general, can't that be done on an AP in a small environment?

I am probably overlooking something, but it would be great if someone knows or can point me to some documentation that shows the compelling reasons to use the Gateway as a mobility gateway in Aruba Central.

Thank in advance

------------------------------
    Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central-Managed Mobility Gateway

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2024 07:31 PM

I'll refer you to https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/aos/aos10/design/gateway/

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central-Managed Mobility Gateway

Posted Mar 15, 2024 09:21 AM

I obviously need a course into "how to navigate" the Aruba documentation! This is exactly the missing puzzle piece, thanks for sharing

Martijn van Overbeek

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central-Managed Mobility Gateway

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2024 10:44 AM

New addition to the documentation portfolio, hasn't been linked to the usual locations yet.  So think of that as a sneak peek.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central-Managed Mobility Gateway

Posted Mar 15, 2024 04:35 PM

Thanks Carson, thanks for the sneak peak, however, I still think I need a course on how to navigate Aruba Documentation thusfar I google my way to the Aruba docs :)

Martijn van Overbeek