Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Metrics

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Metrics

Posted Jan 26, 2024 11:04 AM

New to Aruba Central (and Aruba in general).  There are a few metrics that they use that I am not really sure what they are or what to consider to be good or bad.

Client Health Poor\Fair\Good.  What goes into this?  When I dig deeper into the client there is a Health Score but not sure what makes this up.

Signal to Noise Ratio.  What is good?  What is acceptable?

I am just trying to proactively identify clients that might have connectivity issues.

Thanks,

Bill Short
    Harold Beck & Sons, Inc.
    Newtown, PA

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Metrics
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2024 09:16 AM

Check here for an explanation on the Health Score.

For signal-to-noise ratio as a rule-of-thumb, consider <20dB poor; 25-30dB should be normal, more than 30dB even better. But Health score is different from SNR, but with a better SNR the Health Score is expected to be better.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Metrics

Posted Feb 14, 2024 09:11 AM

Thanks Herman.  They give you a lot of info in AC so it's nice to have a better idea of what I am looking at.