Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba central SSID authenticates through Azure Cloud and using Certificate

This thread has been viewed 42 times
  • 1.  Aruba central SSID authenticates through Azure Cloud and using Certificate

Posted Aug 01, 2022 05:30 PM
    Hai Guys,

I am a newbie into the networking world.I am setting up a new WiFi Solution using Aruba central.I have 2 SSIDs .

1.First SSID should authenticate through Azure Cloud.What the customer said was "The ssid access will be allowed if has Orbital Account via SAML.Could some one guide how to set this up in Aruba Central and what should be done in Azure cloud.

2.Second SSID access should be allowed through Certificate.How could i Implement that ?

If anyone could help me with any documentation or Guidance or even videos it will be really appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Aruba central SSID authenticates through Azure Cloud and using Certificate

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2022 03:50 AM
    For the second SSID, with certificate authentication (EAP-TLS), you can check this video playlist on how to set that up with ClearPass.

For Azure/SAML Onboarding or Guest, you can check the guide Onboard and Azure Active Directory (Configuration Guide: Onboard and Cloud Identity Providers) which is posted on ClearPass Docs | Configuration & Integration Guides, Solution Guides, Release Notes, User Guides - Airheads Community 

Note that SAML and 802.1X doesn't work together because for SAML authentication there is web communication needed which is not available before the 802.1X authentication. The guide explains a method to trigger EAP-TLS Onboarding based on Azure AD SAML authentication to meet the requirement.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Aruba central SSID authenticates through Azure Cloud and using Certificate

Posted Aug 02, 2022 04:39 AM
    Dear Herman,

Actually they are not planning to do it with Aruba Clear pass.They want to configure all these Aruba Central ,Could you help me with the documents for the same.

• 4.  RE: Aruba central SSID authenticates through Azure Cloud and using Certificate

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2022 08:02 AM
    You may have a look at Cloud Authentication & Policy. Documentation is here. If you need more, you very likely will need ClearPass.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Aruba central SSID authenticates through Azure Cloud and using Certificate

Posted Feb 12, 2023 07:21 AM

Dear Herman,

Is it possible for me to create an SSID using Certificate authentication.Only those clients where the certificate is installed only will be allowed to connect to the SSID.Can that be done on aruba central with out clear pass ?

• 6.  RE: Aruba central SSID authenticates through Azure Cloud and using Certificate

Posted Jul 24, 2023 09:33 PM

Hello FA11

Herman already gave you the answer but here are videos you can watch 

(170) Aruba Cloud Auth - Azure AD Setup & Aruba Central Integration - YouTube

Here you can see the User onboarding and how to do it

(170) Aruba Cloud Auth - Onboarding & Certificate Management - YouTube

Here is another one, its on another language but you can see all the process and also how to create the ssid 

(170) [How to] Setup Aruba Cloud Authentication with Azure AD - YouTube