Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Switches VLAN what is the difference between untagged and access ports?

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Switches VLAN what is the difference between untagged and access ports?

Posted Nov 29, 2022 10:35 AM
    Hi,
    I apologize in advance it was already asked, but I didn't find anything useful with the search function.

I am using API of Aruba Central and working with switch AOS-CX 6100. I see this response about VLAN.
    {
      "count": 5,
      "total": 5,
      "vlans": [
        {
          "name": "DEFAULT_VLAN",
          "id": 1,
          "ipaddress": [],
          "tagged_ports": [
            "1/1/10"
          ],
          "untagged_ports": [
            "1/1/45"
          ],
          "access_ports": [
            "1/1/15"
          ],
          "status": "Up",
          "is_igmp_enabled": true,
          "is_jumbo_enabled": true,
          "is_voice_enabled": true,
          "promiscuous_ports": [],
          "isl_ports": [],
          "type": "Regular",
          "oper_state_reason": "OK",
          "is_management_vlan": true
        }
      ]
    }
    What is the difference between access_ports and untagged_ports? Does access_ports represent the "native VLAN" configuration for trunk ports?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Switches VLAN what is the difference between untagged and access ports?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 29, 2022 06:52 PM
    generally speaking, the untagged VLAN represent native VLAN.
    i think for 1/1/45, vlan 1 is the native VLAN because it is set for VLAN trunking, and for 1/1/15, it is access VLAN because that port is set for access port.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.
    ------------------------------