Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba central VC question

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Aruba central VC question

Posted Mar 11, 2024 04:02 AM

Hi, I have some questions about victual controller in Aruba central. When aps on the same network segment are put into a group, is it true that the aps themselves will choose an ap to run the vc on? If that ap goes bad or down, does it re-select an ap to run AC on it, or is there another ap running vc as a backup so that the policy set up doesn't fail. please help me correct my understanding if I'm wrong.

• 2.  RE: Aruba central VC question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2024 07:53 AM

yes if the IAPs have layer 2 adjacency, then by default the AP with the highest uptime becomes the VC. when the VC is unreachable for whatever reason, then second highest uptime AP becomes the VC.

Here is the Instant overview doc.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba central VC question

Posted Mar 11, 2024 10:54 PM

Thanks a lot for the answer, I read the docs but still need to confirm the info. Are all the configurations and policies on the VC being pushed to all other APs? Because if the last VC is broken, when the new VC is elected, it should need to have policies and configurations right?

• 4.  RE: Aruba central VC question
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 02:38 AM

yes thats correct. As soon as an IAP joins the cluster then the VC pushes the configuration to it and it also ensue they are on the same firmware as well (as long as they are the same A model) 

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.