Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Web Filtering

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Web Filtering

Posted 22 days ago

I have a customer with Aruba Central, CX switch and 515 AP's. Customer has SVI's on EX switches. As an example, they have two departments (HR & Finance). The employees from HR should get www.youtube.com blocked and employees from Finance should get social media blocked. This should be applicable on wired and wireless. How I can do that?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Web Filtering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 22 days ago

basically after authentication, you can have two separate user roles one for each group and then you can allow/deny application based on user-roles.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Web Filtering

Posted 22 days ago

Sorry but where would the authentication take place ?

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central Web Filtering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 22 days ago

generally authentication takes place when devices connect to wireless/wired ports using MAC auth/dot1x/Captive portal 

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.