Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central WLAN WPA2-Enterprise with Azure Cloud Authentication

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central WLAN WPA2-Enterprise with Azure Cloud Authentication

Posted Jan 11, 2023 01:06 PM
    Hi all,

I am in Aruba Central version 10 and I am configuring a wlan WPA2-Enterprise with Microsoft Azure AD CLOUD AUTH.

I have some questions:

- For the Azure AD CLOUD AUTH I downloaded and installed the Network profile (I get the passpoint.ppkg file)
    for my user.
    Does that file contains a certicate ?
    How can I deploy that Network profile file to all the clients (laptop and smartphone) of my company?

- What is the expiration time of that file ? Is it the one shown in the Network Profile configuration page (see image 1)

- Why the SSID shows "Hotspot 2.0" ore "Passpoint" (see image 2)? Is it correct ?

Thank you all

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central WLAN WPA2-Enterprise with Azure Cloud Authentication

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2023 07:47 PM
    To deploy that Network profile file to all the clients, basically you need to publicise the "user onboarding URL" that you can find under "Network profile" in "User Access Policy" in Aruba Central.

Cloud Auth uses Passpoint to provide ease of access,
    This solution overview describes it.
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/en-au/resource/cloud-authentication-authorization/

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central WLAN WPA2-Enterprise with Azure Cloud Authentication

Posted Feb 06, 2023 06:47 AM
    Thank you so much Ariyap!!

Please do you know How I can create a different Network Profile to use WPA2-Enterprise with Microsoft Azure AD CLOUD AUTH in two different WLAN/SSIDs

Actually I want to use one SSID for Laptop which can reach LAN+WAN
    and another SSID for Smartphone which can reach only WAN

Or is it possible to assign a specific role to Smartphone devices so to put them in a specific Untrusted VLAN

Thank you

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central WLAN WPA2-Enterprise with Azure Cloud Authentication

Posted Feb 17, 2023 12:44 PM

Hope this can be useful.

Please do you know How I can create a different Network Profile to use WPA2-Enterprise with Microsoft Azure AD CLOUD AUTH in two different WLAN/SSIDs

At the moment from my tests I see that I can create only 1 Network Profile so I can have just 1 wlan with Microsoft Azure AD CLOUD AUTH

Is there anybody using  Aruba Onboard with Microsoft Azure AD CLOUD AUTH ?

Using Microsoft Azure AD CLOUD AUTH, from my clients I see the same SSID twice (see following image), has anybody the same situation ?

In my opinion one is the ESSID in the air, and one is the ESSID form the Network profile

Thank you for any opinion

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central WLAN WPA2-Enterprise with Azure Cloud Authentication

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 20, 2023 10:00 AM

That is correct, although you should not see the SSID broadcasted if you have onboarded you client; the entry in the list of available networks should be replaced by the one in the profile. It may be that the old SSID still shows up just after the provisioning, but after some time only the provisioned should show up.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.