Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Controller Upgrade Path

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Aruba Controller Upgrade Path

Posted 2 days ago

Hello,

I've been making aruba 7210 controller upgrade,

I have aruba 7210 controller version 8.7.1.3 

Is it OK to go straight from 8.7.1.3 to 10.6.0.2 ?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Controller Upgrade Path

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 2 days ago

No, that will not work. Version 10 works with Aruba Central cloud management, which is a completely different architecture.

If you want to just upgrade to the latest version, find the most recent 8.10 version, check the release notes to verify that all of your APs are supported, and upgrade.

If you want to move to AOS 10 with Cloud management, you could check and follow the AOS 10 Adoption Guide.

Also, if you don't work regularly with this equipment, it may be better to work with your Aruba partner and let them assist you with the upgrade.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------