Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba CX 6100 SSH port Config

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Aruba CX 6100 SSH port Config

Posted Nov 18, 2022 10:00 AM
    Hello All, 
     I am trying to change the ssh port on a 6100 series switch. I can't seem to find the commands to do this in the guide. I would greatly appreciate the cli commands.

• 2.  RE: Aruba CX 6100 SSH port Config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2022 10:25 AM
    Hi,

You can't change the SSH server's port on 6100. If you are looking for a way to secure the SSH server on the switch consider using ACL applied on the control-plane. More details you can find in the Aruba CX Hardening Guide - https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.07/PDF/AOS-CX_10-07_hardening.pdf

P.S. Changing SSH port can be considered as a part of "security by obscurity" approach and IMHO it never worked well 🙂 If I need to find an actual SSH port on a device, it will take me a couple of keystrokes to call nmap scanner and a couple of minutes to find the actual SSH port  😉 Just my 2 cents.

------------------------------
    Ivan Bondar

• 3.  RE: Aruba CX 6100 SSH port Config

Posted Nov 29, 2022 10:35 AM

I am trying to change the ssh port on a 6100 series switch. I can't seem to find the commands to do this in the guide.

• 4.  RE: Aruba CX 6100 SSH port Config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 29, 2022 07:00 PM
    i dont think you can change SSH port on CX switches in a consistent way.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.