Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba CX 6300 10G SFP Compatability

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Aruba CX 6300 10G SFP Compatability

Posted Feb 01, 2023 01:53 AM
    Hi,
    I am currenlty deploying a fleet of aruba cx 6300 switches.

When i try to connect a 10G LMR SFP Module, it says incompatible interface. And from reading i have found out that LMR SFPs are not compatible and need aditional modules to be used with CX 6300.

So, would you please recommend me what the additional products that i need to make this SFP work, or if there are any commands that i can run to make it compatible if there are any?.

Thanks 

• 2.  RE: Aruba CX 6300 10G SFP Compatability

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2023 02:06 AM
    There are only two 6300 switch that supports LRM transceivers and thats R8S90A and R8S92A

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba CX 6300 10G SFP Compatability

Posted Feb 01, 2023 02:39 AM
    Thank you,
    is there additional module that i can buy to make it work?

• 4.  RE: Aruba CX 6300 10G SFP Compatability

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2023 03:52 AM
    Aruba does not provide any module.
    You can search the Internet for Media Converters
    Here is  the option that could work

https://www.perle.com/products/media-converters/10-gigabit-standalone-rate-converter.shtml

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Aruba CX 6300 10G SFP Compatability

Posted Feb 01, 2023 09:33 AM
    >So, would you please recommend me what the additional products that i need to make this SFP work, or if there are any commands that i can run to make it compatible if there are any?.

Your solution here is either be to use media converters as @ariyap suggested, (which you should avoid--using media converters in context like this should be a last resort)) or, if your runs are short enough, use J9150A/D/E 10GBase-SR SFPs, or, if your runs are too long, to pull single mode fiber and use J9151A/D/E SFPs.  No switch commands are going to help you here, the problem is that the switches lack the hardware to drive LRM optics.