View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba CX 8320 lag multi-chassis

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Aruba CX 8320 lag multi-chassis

Posted Mar 23, 2023 01:24 PM

Hi All,

My infrastructure consists of 3x VSX pairs of 8320 switches connected together via 40G links. Two of VSX pairs are connected via 2x 40G links aggregated in lag multichassis (two VSX pairs in DC1 and DC2, third VSX pair is in office).

To those two pairs of VSX switches (in DC1 and DC2) are connected esxi hosts and firewalls, all via 10G links. All L3 is on firewall, switches works only in L2.

Lately we disconnected secondary link, from those which are aggregated. Some time passed and strange things begin to happening in one of our vlans. Lost pings, even inside this vlan. We connected this link againg and everything went back to normal.

Created a TAC case, upgraded to newer firmware, 10.10.1030 and tested it againg. Same thing starts to happening.

Did anybody have similar issue?

Regards

M. 

• 2.  RE: Aruba CX 8320 lag multi-chassis

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 24, 2023 06:27 AM

Hi! can you better explain this sentence (regarding, I believe, how your ESXi and Firewalls are connected to VSX pairs) "Lately we disconnected secondary link, from those which are aggregated"? a simple drawing would help to start. 

• 3.  RE: Aruba CX 8320 lag multi-chassis

Posted Mar 24, 2023 11:38 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

You are right. Need provide some details.

ESXi servers are connected to both switches in VSX pair (it is not lag, only trunk ports).

FW is connected to both VSX switches with lag multichassis (one FW per DC).

Both pairs of switches are connected via lag multichassis (lag 100 mc). And we were disconnecting secondary link from this lag 100 mc - the red one in drawing.

Attaching some drawing.

Regards.

M.

• 4.  RE: Aruba CX 8320 lag multi-chassis

Posted Mar 25, 2023 04:16 AM

Hi,

we seen something similar with an MC lag.

if one of the links is removed after a while we start to see pings dropped for a few seconds then come back this repeated continuously until the second link was brought up again or it was changed to. Lag rather than multi chassis.

we guessed that with the second link gone the switch was still trying to send traffic down the second link even though it was gone. 

we were advised to upgrade our switch software, I can't remember what to now unfortunately. 

my question would be why are you removing a link from the multi chassis lag? 

• 5.  RE: Aruba CX 8320 lag multi-chassis

Posted Mar 26, 2023 01:56 PM

Hi ninjawatcher,

Those two link in lag mc 100 supposed to work as a redundant link (two different way of fiber). If one link fails, another should work. We were doing some test, and it's failed.

And also, TAC advice was to upgrade to newet version, we did it, but it didn't help. My version is 10.10.1030.

Regards

M.

• 6.  RE: Aruba CX 8320 lag multi-chassis

Posted Mar 26, 2023 01:54 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

You are right. Need provide some details.

ESXi servers are connected to both switches in VSX pair (it is not lag, only trunk ports).

FW is connected to both VSX switches with lag multichassis (one FW per DC).

Both pairs of switches are connected via lag multichassis (lag 100 mc). And we were disconnecting secondary link from this lag 100 mc - the red one in drawing.

Attaching some drawing.

Regards.

M.