Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP515 red status led and radio led off

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP515 red status led and radio led off

Posted Aug 03, 2022 10:25 PM
    Got 1 x new IAP 515, when power on,red status led and no radio led. Able to access configuration page via browser or putty. Noticed SSID name show disabled. 

I try IPM enable but still same.

Any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP515 red status led and radio led off

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2022 10:53 PM
    does it broadcast the setmeup SSID at all?
    Have you enabled LLDP on your switch that is powering up the AP-515?
    what switch is it ?

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP515 red status led and radio led off

Posted Aug 04, 2022 12:14 AM
    We didn't use switch as we on isolated network to test if this AP working.

Current this AP connect via PoE adapter and to firewall port

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP515 red status led and radio led off

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2022 03:02 AM
    just to test it, see if you can connect this AP to your 802.3at compliant switch to see if all is good.
    perhaps there is an issue with your power injector. what is it exact model?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP515 red status led and radio led off

Posted Aug 04, 2022 03:11 AM
    The Poe adapter is AHD-15CR

• 6.  RE: Aruba IAP515 red status led and radio led off

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2022 03:30 AM
    from what i could find is that your poe adapter can only provide 15.4W, not sure if it is 802.3af compliant.
    but anyway based on the AP-515 datasheet, it seems it is not getting the power it needs.
    if you are getting WIFI6 AP, then you should power it with 802.3at compliant power adapter/injector to get the best user experience out of it.

• 7.  RE: Aruba IAP515 red status led and radio led off

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2022 09:55 AM
    If you have a 12V 2A external power supply (bus style connector seems quite standard for external harddisks and other home devices), you may try if it works better with that and you get a green power LED.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.