Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

ARUBA IMC Deployment

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  ARUBA IMC Deployment

Posted 12 days ago
      |   view attached

Hello Team,

I have a new deployment and got iMC_PLAT_7.3_E0710P03_windows downloaded but the installation batch file cannot be found.

Appreciate some guidance here and any step-by-step manual if available.

Attached is my install folder.

Thanks in advance.

John

• 2.  RE: ARUBA IMC Deployment

MVP GURU
    Posted 12 days ago
    Hi! the HPE IMC 7.3 E0710P03 is a Patch (P03 means the 3rd one Patch released) for the HPE IMC 7.3 E0710 application.

If you're performing a new install of HPE IMC 7.3 you must use the E0710 first then, once the IMC application is installed, you can apply the E0710P03 Patch.

A Patch is not suitable for a new install (a new HPE IMC 7.3 deployment).

• 3.  RE: ARUBA IMC Deployment

Posted 11 days ago
      |   view attached

Hello,

Thanks for that update.

As you can see in the attached I am still landing on the iMC_PLAT_7.3_E0710P03_windows file only. I m not able to find the major version from the downloads. I am looking for windows based major installation file.

Also please share if any document available for IMC installation and managing HPE 5140 R9L63A switches.

Thanks in advance.

John

• 4.  RE: ARUBA IMC Deployment

MVP GURU
    Posted 11 days ago
    If you look for IMC E0710 PLAT (Platform) you should be able to find the ISO download link necessary to install the IMC application.

Be aware that these days HPE Aruba published latest E0710P04 (4th Patch of E0710).

• 5.  RE: ARUBA IMC Deployment

Posted 9 days ago

Hello,

Thanks a lot for that update. I got it installed and working. 

Can you share any document on how to configure the HA(JG771AAE).

Thanks in Advance,

John

• 6.  RE: ARUBA IMC Deployment

MVP GURU
    Posted 9 days ago
    Hello John, unfortunately I have zero experience with an HPE IMC 7.3 HA (High Availability) setup: I use one standalone HPE IMC 7.3 E0710P04 deployed on Linux (the whole setup was a bit tricky enough - I wrote about that - and still, to my eyes, few little things need to be fixed to consider it really ready for our production environment).
    In any case on ASP you should be able to find a lot of IMC related guides.

• 7.  RE: ARUBA IMC Deployment

Posted 9 days ago

Thank you... Will try to figure out then.

Regards,

John

• 8.  RE: ARUBA IMC Deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 8 days ago

Hello,

You would need a separate license for HA in order to run it.

if you have one and want to use it, here is an installation guide for HA: https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/comware/IMC/HPE_IMC_iHATool_Installation_Guide.pdf

The latest guide is included in the respective iMC Platform download under the "tools" folder in the iHATools archive. Personally I'd suggest using the shared storage deployment if you go with HA, it's the most effective when it comes to upgrades of iMC, as you don't need to copy-paste any files from one system to the other.

There is also an alternative included with the iMC Platform license called "Active-Standby" deployment that has some limitations but doesn't require any extra license. See the iMC Admin Guide and also this post for a description of the deployment: https://community.hpe.com/t5/imc/hp-imc-high-availability/td-p/6936165

------------------------------
    Justin Guse

• 9.  RE: ARUBA IMC Deployment

Posted 8 days ago

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the update. I have the HA license JG771AAE, but now the question is shared storage as i am lacking a shared one.

Need to figure out then.

Regards,

John

• 10.  RE: ARUBA IMC Deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 8 days ago

Hello John,

I'll pm you with a document showing the steps that I've used to deploy it in my lab. Maybe it will be more clear how to set it up.

Justin Guse