Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba-master hostname change to aruba-conductor

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Aruba-master hostname change to aruba-conductor

Posted Sep 14, 2022 04:16 AM
    Hello,
    I am preparing to upgrade a campus system from AOS 8.8 to 8.10.0.3. The release notes states that the factory-default of APs running 8.9 and above will use target hostname aruba-conductor instead of aruba-master. The APs on the system are currently set to look for DNS name aruba-master. Therefore, when I upgrade to 8.10.0.3  will the APs that are configured to use aruba-master continue to work? Or do I have to change the AP defaults in advance to use the IP address, or alternatively setup DNS to use aruba-conductor after the upgrade reboot? 

Kind regards

------------------------------
    Coffeezz

• 2.  RE: Aruba-master hostname change to aruba-conductor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2022 05:18 AM
    If you manually configure the lookup to aruba-master, then things should operate as expected. To be on the safe side, you probably want to have both aruba-conductor and aruba-master resolvable on your network. I would create new 'A' records for aruba-conductor.yourdomain, and change the aruba-master in a CNAME to aruba-conductor. In that case you cover all scenarios, including if you add a factory default AP running older firmware at any point.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Aruba-master hostname change to aruba-conductor

Posted Sep 14, 2022 05:53 AM
    Thank you for your advice