Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba MC Cluster with 2930 tunneled-node-server Issue,

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Aruba MC Cluster with 2930 tunneled-node-server Issue,

Posted 4 days ago
    Dear Aruba Clients,

I have two Aruba controllers working as a cluster
    I have a 2930 switch with tunneled-node-server confıguratıons
    Everything works fine when I turn off the first controller
    I can see that the switch has created a tunnel with the second controller
    And an authentication request was sent to ClearPass and it was approved
    But the device does not appear connected in the controller screen and from the CLI I cannot see any request coming to the controller

When I shut down the port from the switch and open it again I see that the device has connected and I can see it in the controller screen

Has anyone faced the same problem and solved it.

• 2.  RE: Aruba MC Cluster with 2930 tunneled-node-server Issue,

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 4 days ago

This video on troubleshooting port-based tunnel (tunneled-node) may help. There are other video's in that same series that cover how to set it up.

To be honest, I see more and more deployments move to user based tunnel, also because AOS-CX only supports UBT, so knowledge may slowly disappear. Nevertheless I would think that port based tunnel should still work, and you may open a TAC support call if the issue cannot be found with the mentioned videos.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Aruba MC Cluster with 2930 tunneled-node-server Issue,

Posted 4 days ago

Hi Herman,
    Thank you very much for your quick response and support
    Unfortunately I have an open case for two months and I have not received any support to solve the problem
    I will watch the video and see what I can do.